Last night at the Science Museum Lates social I noticed the the two silent disco channels either had really cheesy 80s songs or deep garage, neither of which is my cup of tea to be honest. However, it seemed like everyone else was really enjoying the music, dancing to the house hits and singing along to all the cheesy lyrics.
It made me wonder, if I had the chance to make a silent disco playlist, what would I put in it and if all of us here at the CS office made a silent disco playlist together what would it look like? So I asked Sanchita, Julian and Zack to give me five songs they would put in their ideal disco playlist and I put one together on spotify. The result is a mix or pop, rock, country, some 80s music and even a song from Frozen.
Make some noise for The CS Silent Disco Playlist!
1. Let It Go - Idina Menzel (Sanchita)
2. Take Me To Church – Hozier (Kristine)
3. Sail – Awolnation (Kristine)
4. Where R U Now - Skrillex, Diplo, Jack U, Justin Bieber (Sanchita)
5. Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars (Sanchita)
6. Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal (Sanchita)
7. Watch Out For This – Major Lazer (Kristine)
8. GDFR – Flo Rida (Kristine)
9. I Need Your Love – Shaggy & Mohombi (Kristine)
10. Bem Bem Maria – Gipsy Kings (Zack)
11. Macarena – Los Del Rio (Zack)
12. It’s A Beautiful Day – Michael Buble (Zack)
13. Sexual Healing – Marvin Gaye (Julian)
14. I think We’re Alone Now – Tiffany (Sanchita)
15. Jolene – Dolly Parton (Zack)
16. Drunk Girls – LCD Soundsystem (Julian)
17. Bat Out Of Hell – Meat Loaf (Julian)
18. Thunderstruck – AC/DC (Julian)
19. Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen (Julian)
20. Take me Home Country Roads – John Denver (Zack)
Now aren’t you glad we are not making the playlists for our socials ourselves?
PS: Comment your ideal Silent Disco songs in the section below and I’ll add them to the list too!